Monday, October 1, 2007

Maximum Woman

Ok what really pushed me to start this blog was finding a gem of a store that I am reasonably certain none of my curvy friends know about. It is an absolute dream of a store, filled with stylish and modern clothing in a range of sizes for the vast majority of us.

I first found out about Maximum from a small add in the free paper that you can pick up at TTC stations. I figured that it would be more of the same fuddy-duddy clothing that I was seeing all over the place, but since it had a website listed I thought that it was worth at least looking at the website. I tore out the add, shoved it into my purse and promptly forgot about it.

A few weeks later I was looking for something in my purse and out fell the add. I was at my computer so I decided to take a look.

I was blown away by some of the clothes! This was not my grandmother's closet.

Fun and modern seems to be the name of the game in this small, privately owned store. They carry a large selection of fashionable clothing in sizes from 14 to 34 with brand names like just blu, b&lu, and other high styling labels. It gets even better in that they actually display their clothes on plus size models! I could actually get a reasonable idea of what these things would look like ON ME!

So after spending hours looking through their website a number of times, I finally dragged myself out there. I got there to find a hole in the wall store, dusty from construction, and crowded with racks and racks of clothing that I could pick from. The sales woman welcomed me warmly, asked if I had anything particular in mind, and then let me wander around to my heart's content taking clothes I picked up to set them aside in one of their, incredibly generously sized, fitting room.

I think I picked up 15 pieces of clothing, and each one was available in my size, right there on the rack, no questions asked. As I tried pieces on the sales woman was chatty and friendly and more than happy to either run for a different size or give me her feedback on what worked and what did not.

Wow wouldn't feel like a diva in their Diva Satin Gown?

I left with a new skirt a dress on order (I wanted it in a colour no longer in stock so they offered to try to gt it in for me) and a promise to return.

Maximum Woman is a well rounded (no pun intended) store and carries a huge line of bridal and prom wear, as well as lingerie, undergarments, workout, casual and work wear, swimsuits, and a beautiful selection of denim that is not currently displayed on their website. Add to this reasonable prices, reasonable shipping and the ability to pay by paypal as well as traditional methods and this store easily earns its 5 stars! immediately became a

Maximum Woman

3801 Dundas St.W
Toronto,ON, M6S 2T4

Phone: 416-767-7007
Email: maximumwoman@gmail.com

http://www.maximumwoman.c.om

5 comments:

Large Size Dresses said...

Complete range of large size dresses, large sizes dresses, designer plus size clothing and many more

maureen said...

i just saw the owners on dragon's den. the had me when one of the women explained that clothes designed for slim women made in large sizes just don't work for plus sized women. i am always annoyed at all the sleeveless or thin strapped dresses available at the big chains. i believe i will be ordering a dress for my son's wedding from the online store!

Karen said...

They may have nice clothes, but never buy from them online they don't ever respond to your emails in a timely manner. It's like pulling teeth to get someone to respond to you.

Anonymous said...

The dress they sent me for my wife was crap quality and totally not worth the price. Felt like a "bait and switch" to me, they have a "store credit only" policy (and believe-you-me that if you complain to your credit card company THEY won't fix it)and to top it all off my credit card was scammed and used to buy movie tickets TWICE shortly after I purchased from them (and no it couldn't have been someone else BECAUSE the only other place I use my card on-line is through paypal and I ALWAYS "chip" my card when I use it in person).

Anonymous said...

They have an "F" rating on the BBB website:

http://www.bbb.org/kitchener/business-reviews/internet-shopping/maximum-woman-in-york-on-1165984

Just FYI