Friday, January 11, 2008

A couple of shows

Ok, so The Fuller Woman's Expo and I are talking about a more reasonable price point for their show. I want to do it. I really want to do it both for the good of my business and to help grow the market segment that is basically being ignored up here north of the 49th parallel. It is really just a matter of if it will work out to the greater good of both sides.

I think (and hope) that it will work out.

In other news I am also trying to put together a group for Jewish Artisans here in the city and am looking at putting together a show where we can show our work without needing to compete against the cheap, machine-made stuff that fills so many craft shows lately. There are so many shows in which many of us not able to participate (be it that they are Saturday, holidays, or for causes we can not bring ourselves to support), that it will be nice to have one show that is catered around our own needs.

As of today it looks like we *might* even have a location down in Kensington for the show. Now there are a million other things to deal with, but if we can get enough artists, we may host a wine and cheese reception with 10% of all proceeds going to a charity still to be decided as a group. I would like to get a variety of people including perhaps a classical musician to really "glam it up" a little.

Please note, I will NOT turn away not Jewish artists, I just want to give the option first to those of us for whom many of the other shows are unaccessible.

I think I am in way over my head, but if it works it could be wonderful.

Anyone have any thoughts on the ideas? Anyone want to get involved?

No comments: